Catch 22
I am 30 weeks pregnant and I feel like my body has got
something to prove all of a sudden. I
had my check up on Thursday. And to make a long story short… because for
whatever I really haven’t had the blogging juice this go round… all was
good. Max weighted in at 3lbs 8oz and
Eli weighted in at 3lbs 14 oz. That is about a 10% weighted difference so the
doctors will be checking to see how the numbers changes on a now weekly basis
to check for signs of TTTS. So I have appointments scheduled every Thursday
until the end of January, for now.
My cervix is closed and long at 2.7cm. I show no signs of
pre-term labor. But I am BEAT. I am measuring 40 weeks and I am swollen all
over. Also not a medical issues because
my blood pressure is staying normal at 120 over 80.
My whole body aches and my breathing sounds like Darth Vader.
The heartburn is out of this world. When I walk or stand my hips crack and pop.
The last two weeks I have been home from work thanks to
winter break. My mom has been heaven sent and has come over to help out
everyday.
Because medically I am fine… I “have to” go back to work on
Monday. I really don’t see how that is going to work out. But I feel I have no
choice. Both of my doctors told me if I don’t feel like I can work then don’t….
but because there is no medical reason for me not to work… I would just be
wasting my FMLA and would not be getting paid. So I have to work, I don’t want
to waste time I could take off when the babies get here.
So that’s the catch 22. I am happy I am not on hospital bed
rest at 26 weeks with my first set of twins… but not happy that I have to go to
work teaching high school students at 30 weeks pregnant with twins when my body
feels like it is quitting on me!
I measuring 40 weeks… so that alone to me seems reason for
me not to be working! Seems like working would just make everything happen
sooner… but I am not a doctor.
My doctor did suggest working half days… but as a teacher
that really isn’t helpful… it feels like more work and trouble. I would still
have to get up, drive there teach 3 classes, and then plan for the others. Any
teacher knows that lesson planning for being out is just as much work as being
there. In fairness yes I do have my lessons planned out… but I just want to be there
or NOT be there.
I also think that half days would screw up my FMLA time and
my pay. So I am going to just try to put up with working for another 2 weeks
and go from there.
Another problem…. I have NOTHING to wear… I have out grown most
of my maternity clothes… and it is not like buying more would really help. The belly
panels are too tight and the shirts and too short. So… it’s time for the moo
moos!
HA!
No comments:
Post a Comment