My baby A’s head is blocking my cervix. My FMS told me this at an appointment when trying to check my cervix, there was a whole lot of pressure, pain, and discomfort. When I let out a scream to express my discomfort he said, “sorry I had to go around the babies’ head to get to your cervix.”
WHAT?!?!?
At the time I was in such discomfort I did not ask for an explanation. I got home and was so confused about this. I tried researching how this could be possible and didn’t find anything that explained this to me. So two days later at my next doctor’s appointment it was one of the first things I asked for clarification on.
My doctor explained it well and drew me a very nice picture.
Basically I do not have a textbook uterus that looks like this…
My uterus looks like this…
So my uterus actually hangs down over my cervix. When the doctor tries to examine the cervix vaginally or by ultrasound the baby’s head blocks the cervix.
However, having the baby’s head hang down pass my cervix is actually a good thing, because my cervix does not have the direct weight of the baby’s head pressing down on it which can work in my favor to delay dilation.


No comments:
Post a Comment