Monday, May 14, 2012

Baby Shower!

My baby shower!


Well not exactly as planned… since it was supposed to be an outdoor cook out, but it was as perfect as it could be! While in the hospital I have seemed to miss everything! I missed two celebration grad school dinners, my grad school graduation and I had already missed two planned baby showers that were canceled due to me being on hospital bed rest and I was really afraid I was going to miss by biggest one given my cousin and two close girlfriends. This was really depressing me. I am stuck in the hospital, no longer earning my income, with a long list of things I need for babies before they get here, and most importantly I have little to no human interaction.
            My cousin called the hospital and my doctor and got a room rented at the hospital and got my doctor to approve me to attend the baby shower. I was excited when she told me that there would still be a shower for me on Saturday!
            Friday night I had a little freak out I have been on bed rest for over a month… and have very little clothes that fit me… I mean I didn’t want to go a baby shower in yoga pants! So my sweet dear husband…. went on a shopping trip for me, it should have been easy for him… I went online and picked out four different dresses and said get one of these. Of course the store didn’t have ANY of the dresses, so he kept sending me text message pictures of dresses, saying “What about this one.” I was not in the mood… saying “forget it I don’t want any of them!” He knew not to listen to me and just got a dress he thought would do the job, and it was pretty. I have to say hubby earned some points by ignoring me and getting me a dress!
            The shower was exactly what I needed. I was so happy to see all the people who came to support Mike and I. I had friends I felt like I hadn’t seen since high school come to the party! Before the shower I was literally hanging on a thread mentally and emotionally. I know as soon as I let go of everything on the mental and emotional aspect of things… my physical well-being will not be too far behind. The shower lifted my spirits so much and I cannot thank everyone enough for being a part of it!

Now for pictures!!

The onesies my mom made :)

I let Mike open somethings!

Me excited about my baby carrier!

Going back to my room with lots of ballons!

Our car full of goodies after the shower. We are blessed!





xoxo,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment