Wednesday, October 16, 2013

MFM appointment

I had my second MFM appointment last Wednesday.  Two appointments in one day (the twins had one too) was way too much for me. This is my reminder to myself to never do that again!

This specialist office is the same place I went my first pregnancy. So I already knew that they had ridiculous wait times. Waiting for a long time really gets my anxiety going. I already have anxiety over the appointments because I know that during the appointment everything can change. So add waiting to the mix and it is not good for me.

At these appointments they check two crucial things: 1. the length of my cervix and 2. The size of the babies to indicated any signs of TTTS.

These appointments have me a nervous wreck because I know how fast everything seemed to go downhill with my first pregnancy. It was between the two week appointments where I was suddenly taken out of work and put on hospital bedrest.

At this appointment my cervix measured 3.6 from above. We did not do the internal measurement. The twins were 1 ounce different in size which made a 5% weight difference.
TTTS is an issue when there is uneven amounts of fluid around the babies and/or a size difference of 20% or more.


At my appointment two weeks ago the babies were measuring exactly the same. So now I am in worry wart mode. 

No comments:

Post a Comment