Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Language Development

Language Development
Watching the twins’ language development is one of the coolest things I have ever witnessed.  It is crazy how many things they understand and it is so surprising when they randomly say a new word or phrase…
We just started giving the kids chicken nuggets for dinner or lunch. Noah picked up a chicken nugget bit into it and said, “it’s good.”  Oh my gosh, I was like what? I tried to get him to say it again but no such luck.
I always tell Noah (my picky eater), “try it, it’s good.” So there should be no surprise where he got it from. But it was still surprising and so cute.
Presley’s new thing is to say, “poop poop”, and usually it means she has pooped! Which means we will probably be potty training sooner than I thought.
Last night, Mike came home from a huge grocery store trip. He was unloading tons of bags of food. And I said to, “Presley look at all this food, tell your daddy thank you, say thank you daddy.”
Presley walked over to Mike and said, “thank you daddy.” The thank you didn’t come out as a clear thank you, but you knew she was trying to say thank you! And she always says daddy very clear! It was too cute.  Mike smiled, laughed, and dropped down to his knees and said, “you welcome baby girl, everyone loves a polite girl” he then gave her a big kiss.
I have no idea how big their vocabulary is now because it is too hard to keep up with and it seems like every day they have a new word.
Some of their words include:
·         Mama
·         Dada
·         Daddy
·         GiGi
·         Doggy
·         Hot
·         Head
·         Hat
·         Socks
·         Shoes
·         Bath
·         Elmo
·         Baby
·         Ball
·         Book
·         Hi
·         Bye
·         Banana
·         Lacey – our dog
·         Dallas – our dog
·         Up and mine

These two sure are growing fast and are so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment