So I am bummed to miss 5 on Friday but ah well.
I was going to post about headaches but little did I know that was going to take a crazy turn.
Friday morning when I got to work I did not feel right. I felt dizzy and out of it. It was day 3 of a headache/migraine. I turned to doctor google to find that I should check my blood pressure.
I went to the school nurse who checked my blood pressure and pulse 3 times over the next hour. Everytime is was a little high 144/90... this is pretty high for me as my blood pressure is always on the low side. My pulse readings were all over the place 117,126, 135.
I called my doctor and she told me to come in ASAP.
So I had to get in house coverage for all my classes. Which was stressful.
I arrived to the doctor and my blood pressure and pulse were both still reading high.
I had no other signs of blood pressure problems. So my doctor asked what else has been going on. I explained that I had a 3 day long migraine. She said I think that's it. A migraine can raise your blood pressure especially if it has been going on for a while.
So she sent me home with a prescription for oxyoconde, told me to take 2 and a nap, and check my blood pressure.
She said if my blood pressure didn't go down by the next day I needed to go to the ER.
Well my blood pressure went down but I had the headache the WHOLE weekend.
So now I am bloging from a semi - messy house with no groceries because my weekend duties didn't get done! (Mike's at the grocery store now.) I really wanted to take today off but didnt because I am trying to save some days for paid maternity leave.
I am really glad the headache/blood pressure thing didnt end up being a big deal... it for sure had me scared!
No comments:
Post a Comment