My twins are 6 months old tomorrow. I can’t believe how fast this is going. People say it all the time but there are moments when you just want to slow the clock down. There are moments where I hold them tight and try to engrave the moment in my memory so I can remember every feeling and sense of that very second.
Today was a big first. We let the twins try their first “solid” food. The twins do not go to the doctor again until December 20th. This will be their “6 month check-up.” At the last appointment the doctor said we would discuss starting solids at this visit.
I had a feeling the twins wanted something more than a bottle for a couple of weeks now. I started reading and researching about preemies and how and when to introduce foods. To make a long story short tonight Mike and I gave the twins their first solid food. They had Oatmeal Cereal mixed really running with breast milk. I am staying away from the Rice Cereal because of all the recent arsenic issues.
They loved it! They pushed most out of their mouth with their tongues… but they loved every second of it.
It was actually so much fun giving it to them and watching them.
They were opening wide, cooing, and grabbing the spoons from us.
Here are some pictures!










No comments:
Post a Comment