I had my first ultrasound
appointment for my SURPRISE pregnancy on 8/1/13. I told more people than I wanted to about
being pregnant again and this totally added to the stress of the day.
Everyone wanted to know how many I was pregnant with. What if it’s 1, 2, 3, 79?
I was worried what if it was zero? No heartbeat etc.
The real nerves started to set in on me pretty bad the night
before the ultrasound. I could not sleep and to make the nerves worse my
appointment was not until 2pm.
All of a sudden I was just really ready to know. People liked
to ask: what do you want? I wanted what ever God wanted to give me. But I had
a lot of pros of wanting just want 1. But I know NONE of that matters now!
We took the twins to my in-laws first and then headed to the
doctor’s office. Our appointment was at 2pm, they were running late, we sat in
the waiting room for 25 minutes, every minute felt like hours and my nerves
were really building up. I was getting text messages about the appointment before
I was even taken back.
Finally at 2:25 the ultrasound tech took me back. She could
tell I was nervous and immediately asked what’s wrong.
I told her, “I am just really ready to find out what’s
inside, we already have 14 month old twins, so we are extra anxious about this.”
She said, “Hahaha, it won’t be twins again.”
So she starts the ultrasound, there is a big screen in front
of me, so I can see everything as she is doing it. However, I had no idea what I was
looking at. This appointment was scheduled about a week earlier than the one I
had with P and N. The ultrasound looked nothing like the one I had with them.
We had made the tech extremely nervous. She wasn’t saying anything, she just kept looking at my face and quickly looking back at the machine.
Finally, I said, “What?! Say something!”
She said, “I don’t want to say, I don’t know how to tell you…”
I said, “Is it 3?!?”
She said, “no, I see two heartbeats.”
She then showed me both heartbeats.
I said, “it looks so different than last time.”
She said, “you have a boy and girl?”
I said, “Yes.”
She said, “well these are in the same sac, they are identical.”
She then apologized over and over for laughing and me and
telling me it wouldn’t be twins again. Honestly if she hadn’t have kept apologizing
I would not have remembered that.
MIND BLOWN!
I will post later on meeting with my doctor afterwards.


Congratulations!!
ReplyDeletethanks!
ReplyDeletethanks!
ReplyDelete