Monday, August 5, 2013

Meeting with my Doctor

After the appointment with the ultrasound tech, I went back to wait and meet with my doctor. There was a million things running through my head.

I could not wait for what my doctor had to say. 

When my doctor came in the room, she had a little bit of shock her face. 

She said…

Wow, guys, congrats! Twins again. But these are identical and are in no way related to your first set of twins. They are considered a random fluke in cell division. This pretty rare and I have never had this before.

Since they share a sac this pregnancy is considered risker than your last twin pregnancy. You will see the MFM sooner than last time and more often as we have to monitor you even more closely.

She told me I would most definitely be on bed rest, most likely, by 28 weeks.

I will go back to she her and get another ultrasound again in 4 weeks. She explained I will be monitored closely but that wont start until a little later since if anything were to happen between now and then there really is nothing that can be done about it. 

The meeting with my doctor will spin in to a couple more separate posts.



No comments:

Post a Comment