Monday, April 1, 2013

Spring Break

Spring Break is here! Everything has been so busy leading up to this break... and I've had so many things planned for this break and time with my babies.... and BOOM... sickness is upon our house. I don't really know where it came from. But on Tuesday N spiked a fever of 102. It was obvious he wasn't feeling well because all he wanted to do is lay on you, if you sat him down he just laid on the floor. I called the doctor, it was after 5pm. The doctor simply said give him some Tylenol every four hours and if he is not better in the morning call us. Well the next morning N was back to himself. Two days later, on Thursday, our Romp N Roll day... I was going to brave Romp N Roll with both babies by myself since Mike had to work late. We already have 7 make up days so I didn't want to add another. Then P starting coughing really bad like she couldn't breathe, it scared me and I said I am not taking her to Romp N Roll like that. My mom also told me she had rejected her 4pm bottle. Mike got home earlier than I expect and when he asked me what was for dinner I hadn't even thought of that yet. Mike was really hungry because he hadn't had a chance to eat lunch. He said lets go to the mall, we can walk around with the babies and grab some food. So we did. During this entire time P was fine, so I thought it was just a one time coughing attack. On the way home I stopped in to CVS for a little couponing trip and Mike stayed in the car with the babies. I get a phone call from Mike while I am checking out and he is freaking, "P has pertussis, we need to the ER now."  At this point I know she has just had another coughing attack like earlier. I go to the car and Mike has youtubed videos of it. We call the pediatrician and they tell us these coughing attacks get worst at night and to take her to the pediatrics ER. Well to shorten this long story she has Croup, a barking cough, which is very common and can be caused by 10 different viruses, we caught it in the very early stages. She received breathing treatments and steroids to loosen the mucus. N has a little cold but not nearly like P. It's interesting to see how differently their bodies handle things. I think the temperature N had was from the same virus that gave P croup. Thursday night P slept on my chest... and now I have a cold. So everyone in this house is sick expect for N. I hope we get better soon so we can have some spring break fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment