If you have ever seen the show "Extreme Couponing" you know the show always starts with a story of how the couponer began. Well I am not "extreme" like the couponers on the show... but having two babies at once has really made me learn how to stretch a dollar and forced me to think outside the box when it comes to getting the things my family needs and wants. This started with the shock of having twins... and then was intensified when I was put on bed rest at 26 weeks. I haven't worked since April 6th and haven't received a pay check since June and will not receive one again until November. Plus we have a stack of hospital bills to pay for.
So like I said this forced me to think about money and money saving in a new way.
I began diaper researching and stock piling in February. The first step to saving money, is researching and always knowing what the cheapest everyday price is. You then wait for a sale and stack it with a manufacturer coupon and a store coupon if possible.
Since I started my diaper stock pile so early in my pregnancy it allows me to always wait for sales because I won't run out of diapers. Also I had to do research so I wont over buy diapers either, since that would be a waste of money and would take a way from the total savings!
Target is a great place to find amazing deals because you can use coupons from the Target website and manufacture coupons on a single item. Target is also great because they have weekly sales and a lot of times when you buy X amount of items you get a Target Gift card which can make things very cheap, free, or in some cases you get paid to buy the items.
I am going to Target tonight after dinner and I am going to buy 3 packs of jumbo diapers for 49 cents. When you buy 3 packs you a $5 dollar Target Gift card so I will actually get paid $4.51 to take the diapers out of the store!
I am going to start blogging about all the ways I have started to save money, because when you pay attention their are coupons and other ways to save money everywhere!
So for the first entry on coupons and money savings... I leave you with this simple tip.
I wrote a simple letter to Pampers telling them I really enjoy their diapers but because of the price I may have to start using the store brand. The result... about 10 days later I got a stack of coupons in the mail from them (10 total). Coupons for free products and high values like $5 off! They also threw a few Tide coupons in (added bonus).
So write them a letter and shortly you should receive some coupons for free stuff!
Here is there address:
The Procter & Gamble Distributing LLC
P.O. Box 599
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Hope this helps someone out there!
I will be writing more about money saving and deals I find so you may want to follow me!
-Heather
Below a picture of the coupons mailed to me!

No comments:
Post a Comment