Thursday, August 23, 2012

Post-Partum Belly

Post-Partum Belly

So I recently saw a blog post on baby center about the post-partum belly. During my pregnancy I tried to avoid stress marks at all cost. I wrote many a blogs about it. I used product after product and heard the comment that annoyed me “it’s genetic… blah,blah, blah.” This comment annoyed me because while some things may be genetic your environment also always plays a huge important role. That’s like saying your fat because of genetics so it doesn’t matter what you eat. To me this is stupid.

So my mom never had twins and never got stress marks. Well I got them, I didn’t start getting them until around 28 weeks and will I was bummed I got them. However, it so does matter at all now.

So back to the blog on baby center there were many women who wondered what would happen to stress marks after pregnancy. Mine have faded a lot since the twins birth. And there were many brave women who shared pictures of their post-partum bellies, which is where the idea for this post came from.

Well last week my husband and went on a mini beach vacation to celebrate our wedding anniversary and I rocked a binki.

No my body is not perfect and it shows the wear and tear of having children 12 short weeks ago.
But for the first time in my life I respect my body. My body is amazing and I have two beautiful 12 week old babies as proof.

So I leave you with my post-partum belly pictures. They show that 12 weeks ago I had two babies living inside of me. They show that I am a mom. And they show that I am a tiger who earned her stripes!


No comments:

Post a Comment