Having twins…
Is hard you have to do everything twice. Literally. Well
duh. I actually usually say having twins is easy because you just do everything
twice. And usually I mean it… instead of changing one diaper, you change two,
instead of feeding one baby you feed two…. Verses you know doing it all over
again a couple years down the road when you add additional children to your
family.
Well this past week was hard having twins because I had to
do everything twice. The littles or the boys as I have noticed this is what I
am starting to call them… had their big surgery last week… and I couldn’t really
talk about it before had because I was nervous on so many levels. And… when I
did talk about it 10 months ago when we found out about it….I didn’t like
people’s responses because… well they didn’t understand!
We circumcise our boys. Since all of them were preemies they
do not do this at birth (which I have learned is even a huge plus for full term
babies). They do not to circumcision on preemies for a number of reasons… I’ll
name two: 1. their penis literally needs time to grow 2. it is mostly
considered unnecessary.
When the boys were two months old we took them into their urology
appointment to check to see if they were ready for a circumcision. We were told
they would not be candidates for a normal circumcision because they have “extra”
foreskin. They would have to undergo a more lengthy procedure for “penis
correction” and circumcision.
After the first visit to the urologist I was kind of
confused. Mike and I started to question
if we even wanted to go further with the circumcision at all… I mean put our
kids under for an unnecessary reason! There is so much talk today about not
doing them in the first place… that is why it was hard to talk to others about
it. As I researched, and had a follow up visit with the urologist… I understood
that this was not a normal circumcision… because of the boys extra foreskin… it
became even more important for us to have it done. The boys had so much for
skin the penis couldn’t even be exposed and this leads to a whole list of other
problems done the road. We were told that the boys had what is called a “hidden
penis.”
This Thursday the boys had their surgery… and back to the
topic of having twins is hard because you have to do everything twice…
Max was scheduled at 8am and Eli was schedule at 9:30am.
This was the schedule we had to follow Wednesday night pre doctor’s orders… Max
12am bottle, Eli 2am bottle, 4 am Max water or Juice, 6am Eli water or Juice. 6:30am
arrive at hospital, 8am Max surgery, 9am hold Max while Eli gets his surgery at
9:30 am. We were home surely after noon and I took the longest, hardest,
deepest nap!!!
The boys did fine with their surgery and now they each have
a normal penis! Yay for normal penis! They are healing slowly but surely! If
you saw my facebook post the other night you know what I am talking about… I don’t
want to go into all that here!
I'm with ya girl. There's nothing easy about it. I can't imagine having another set. WOW....wears me out just thinking about it. lol So glad the surgeries went well.
ReplyDelete